Recovery – Post Pull-up Smash and Stretch | Ep. 32
Strict pull-ups smoke your lats and tighten up the posterior cuffs. Make sure after completing your 30-day challenge reps you take care of business. Smash those tissues up first and prep them for stretching. Then get some tension on them and lengthen them out.
1) Continue 30 day pull-up challenge… Remember consistency is KEY!
2) Foam Roller – Spend 2mins each side beginning at your lower back and moving toward your head hitting the posterior cuff (as shown in video).
3) Band Stretching – Spend 2mins each side stretching lat and shoulder in overhead position (as shown in video).
Know Your Anatomy:
Highlighted tissue pictured above: Latissimus Dorsi (left), Posterior Cull (right).
Haven’t Started Yet?!?!?!? …… How To Begin The 30 Day Pull-up Challenge:
- If you’re using a band: Use a band setting that allows your max effort to be 8-9 reps (you found this yesterday) and begin at week 1.
- If your strict pull-up max is above 9 rep: Subtract 3 reps from your max effort and begin at the corresponding week (max effort 17 reps – 3 = 14; Begin at week 12: Rep scheme 14,9,8,8,7)
- Perform 5 sets separated by a comfortable rest (1-3 minutes).
- Perform each day, Everyday. CONSISTENCY IS KEY!!!
- If you are failing consistently (2+ days in a row): DROP BACK 2 WEEKS and continue.