WODdoc Episode 76 Project365: Muscle-up Transition #2
Today is transition progression #2. For you to be doing this progression I am assuming a lot. At absolute minimum, you must have passed the dip requirements. This means you can complete 10 full dips from a stable surface and 5 from an unstable surface. People forget that when using bands they only help when under tension. Today’s progression helps the weaker pullers and deloads the transition. But, doesn’t do anything once your up there because all the tension in the bands are gone. End point, you better have enough strength to control yourself once you’re up there or a good friend to call 911 if you don’t. I joke around a lot but this is serious shit… we don’t need people cracking their heads open so, follow my progression from the beginning or, don’t follow it at all. In addition to strength on top of the rings we also need a moderate amount of pulling strength. You should be able to get “chin to chest” WITHOUT a band. Like I said already, using this band setup deloads the pull-up but doesn’t eliminate it.
Moving on to the key points
1. Make sure you are looping the bands correctly. This is a quick googled pick of how it is done.
2. Keep your feet together and toes neutral so the bands don’t slap you in the face.
3. Pull with your elbows in and shoulders back
4. Once the rings touch your upper stomach sit through at hard as you can leading with your head
5. As you sit through think about ripping your shirt like Hulk Hogan. The rings should follow the line of your rib cage.
1. Spend 15 mins working on this progression if you have completed all prior steps. If not, use today as a dip progression day.