WODdoc Episode 99 Project 365: PVC Chicken Wing To Increase Shoulder External Rotation
I got 99 videos and my reign ain’t done. Yeah, I just did that… I know JZ will be kicking my ass soon for such a atrocious parallel. Sometimes stuff just comes out … it’s that no filter thing.
Anyway, today we are working some shoulder external rotation using a PVC pipe. I like to do a PVC mobility routine after kettlebell swings or SDLHPs because they fire up my posterior cuff and lats. PVC work is a quick way to hit a bunch of stuff in the upper extremities in a rather short amount of time. Shoulder pass throughs are pretty commonly done everywhere but I don’t always see the chicken wing.
The PVC chicken wing is set up:
1. Place the pipe in one hand 1/3 of the way from the bottom
2. Rotate your palm up (pipe becomes horizontal)
3. Bicep curl
4. Reach under your curled arm with your other hand and grab the pipe
5. Position pipe so that it is supporting the back (posterior) part of your shoulder joint
6. Perform chicken wing by starting with your elbow pointed perpendicular to your chest
7. Finish with your elbow parallel with your chest.
1. 15 PVC chicken wings (3sec hold
2. 15 PVC chicken wing overpressures (3sec hold)