Vinyasa Sequence for Crossfitters | Ep. 44
Its always interesting traveling to new places and seeing knew boxes. Yes, we all crossfit and certain techniques should be done ubiquitously… whoa big word, but for others change is refreshing. Today was great. I ended up stopping in at Crossfit 506, which is right outside of San Jose in a town called Escazu. Literally, googled “crossfit” and this is what popped up. Everyone was super friendly there. The coaches were great and the class was run really well. When I was there they told me it was the only Reebok affiliated box in the entire country. As you could expect with the Reebok name attached, it was top notch all around.
Anyway…. Getting to the point. I took the class and we started with the normal warm-up, little jog and some mobility work. The class was instructed in Spanish so I was a little behind the curve. In any case, we performed a Vinyasa sequence and it had a great flow to it. It wasn’t something I never seen before, (like I said many times, my site isn’t about re-inventing the wheel) but it was a fresh take because I was being taught with visual reference only since I don’t speak Spanish.
So here it is … Vinyasa sequence for crossfitters, crossfit 506 style.
- 3 complete vinyasa reps as shown in video
- Continue pull-up program.
Haven’t Started Yet?!?!?!? …… How To Begin The 30 Day Pull-up Challenge:
- If you’re using a band: Use a band setting that allows your max effort to be 8-9 reps (you found this yesterday) and begin at week 1.
- If your strict pull-up max is above 9 rep: Subtract 3 reps from your max effort and begin at the corresponding week (max effort 17 reps – 3 = 14; Begin at week 12: Rep scheme 14,9,8,8,7)
- Perform 5 sets separated by a comfortable rest (1-3 minutes).
- Perform each day, Everyday. CONSISTENCY IS KEY!!!
- If you are failing consistently (2+ days in a row): DROP BACK 2 WEEKS and continue.