WODdoc Episode 73 Project365: Muscle-up Pulling Requirements: Part 2
We are keeping it straight forward today. This is a progression that builds on yesterday. Same 3 pulling tests: pull to chin, pull to chest, pull to belly button, except we are performing them on rings. This increases difficulty because of the additional stability needed on the rings.
What to do if we failed one of the stages?
If during any pull test (yesterday or today) you were not able to complete the movement perform the following:
1. With the movement that you can not complete: find a pull-up band that allows you to compete 8 reps
2. How do you know if you have the correct band? If you can do 15 reps it is too strong … if you can only do 5 it is not strong enough.
3. Observe the chart above. Begin at week 1. Perform a minimum of 3x a week. At the end of the week move on to week 2…. then week 3.
4. We are performing 5 sets separated by a comfortable rest (1-2 mins) with the corresponding rep scheme. (ex. week 1 = 6,5,5,4,3) (week 2 = 7,6,5,4,4) etc.
5. After completing week 3 re-test movements from episodes 72-73.
6. AFTER 3 WEEKS; If failed at any movement begin again at step 1.
If you past all pulling requirements… hold tight for tomorrow!