Improve Shoulder Mobility On A Pull-up Bar | Ep. 52
If you’re improving your fitness on the regular, chances are you’ve found yourself alone in the box more then once. Don’t get me wrong, there is a lot of things that are more fun with a partner, but hell, America doesn’t have a Declaration of Dependance.
Today, we put a new spin on an old bar mobility. If you didn’t catch the reference in the video here it is.
As you can see the trainer is stabilizing the shoulder blades and creating a fulcrum at the glenohumeral joints (joints where the arm bones insert). This maximizes tension at the glenohumeral joint and capsule and doesn’t allow it to be lost through the kinetic chain of the shoulder. The bands allow us to do the same thing when you’re all by your lonesome.
1. Complete hanging shoulder mobility with narrow, medium, and wide grips. (20 seconds each).
2. Complete day 25 of pull-up challenge.
Haven’t Started Yet?!?!?!? …… How To Begin The 30 Day Pull-up Challenge:
- If you’re using a band: Use a band setting that allows your max effort to be 8-9 reps (you found this yesterday) and begin at week 1.
- If your strict pull-up max is above 9 rep: Subtract 3 reps from your max effort and begin at the corresponding week (max effort 17 reps – 3 = 14; Begin at week 12: Rep scheme 14,9,8,8,7)
- Perform 5 sets separated by a comfortable rest (1-3 minutes).
- Perform each day, Everyday. CONSISTENCY IS KEY!!!
- If you are failing consistently (2+ days in a row): DROP BACK 2 WEEKS and continue.