Forearm Work, Not the Late Night Internet Kind | Ep. 36
Today we’re talking forearm work. Get your mind out of the gutter people. We’re not talking about the work you do while hiding in your cubicle pretending to actually do shit. This is real. Push-ups, overhead pressing and burpees tend to fry out the pinky (ulnar) side of your forearms. That nasty tightness can cause pain and limit wrist extension. Check out this quick fix. No accessories needed!
Don’t Smash and Stretch Blind…. Know Your Anatomy
Pictured left to right: Flexor carpi ulnaris (dissected out), Flexor carpi ulnaris.
1. Test Wrist Extension
2. Forearm Smash (2-4mins/arm) as shown in video
3. Forearm Pin & Stretch (1-2 passed ever inch) starting at wrist and ending at elbow.
4. Re-Test Wrist Extension
5. Continue 30-Day Pull-up Challenge
Haven’t Started Yet?!?!?!? …… How To Begin The 30 Day Pull-up Challenge:
- If you’re using a band: Use a band setting that allows your max effort to be 8-9 reps (you found this yesterday) and begin at week 1.
- If your strict pull-up max is above 9 rep: Subtract 3 reps from your max effort and begin at the corresponding week (max effort 17 reps – 3 = 14; Begin at week 12: Rep scheme 14,9,8,8,7)
- Perform 5 sets separated by a comfortable rest (1-3 minutes).
- Perform each day, Everyday. CONSISTENCY IS KEY!!!
- If you are failing consistently (2+ days in a row): DROP BACK 2 WEEKS and continue.