WODdoc Episode 128 Project365: Taping For Ulnar Wrist Pain
Ok… so yesterday we discussed how to mobilize the ulnar side of the wrist. Today we are hitting how to support it. It’s not uncommon for the ulnar side of the wrist to become unstable. We check this by pressing the pinky side of our palm on a solid surface and pressing downward. Note the amount of movement between the ulnar and wrist (several centimeters … like mine is excessive). If you have wrist pain in flexion or extension perform the following:
1. Flex or Extend into the range of pain.
2. Pinch the pinky side of your wrist as shown.
3. If pain is reduced this taping is for you!
1. Practice wrist application
1. Cut 2 lengths of Rocktape long enough to wrap around your wrist.
2. Cut one piece in 1/2 length-wise.
3. Using 1/2 strip; Apply tape beginning thumb side and wrapping toward pinky. Apply full stretch around lateral wrist and reduce to no tension on the thumb side.
4. Apply 2nd 1/2 strip wrapping opposite direction. Begin with no tension and apply full tension around lateral wrist.
5. Apply full strip; split in the middle – – full tension on lateral wrist – – no tension on ends.
*** Important EACH TIME APPLYING TAPE WRIST BONES MUST BE NEUTRALIZED AS SHOWN ***