WODdoc Episode 217 Project365: Push-up Peel-back
I recently got an email asking for more peel-back exercises focused toward the crossfit beginner. So today I am demonstrating my favorite push-up peel back. Why do I like this regression better then push-ups from your knees? It’s more taxing on the core… and we can never go wrong with a stronger core.
Things to remember when doing push-ups:
1. Screw your hands into the ground
2. Keep your elbows tight to your body
3. Squeeze your butt and tummy to form a rigid plank with your body.
1. Find a band setting that allows you to perform 6-8 push-ups.
2. Perform 3 sets of 5 push-ups with that band. (3x week for 1 month … then re-test your push-up ability).